We run Brighton Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) which produces a locally grown, organic fruit and veg share, harvested on a Thursday at Fork and Dig It in Stanmer Park. We pick and deliver to your door on the same day. (We have a two week break at Easter and Christmas.)
The share cost £13.75 per week – that’s £55 per month for 12 months (Including free delivery to Brighton and Hove addresses)
A weekly supply of quality local produce – which you can track from seed to table!
- Organic – We are accredited by the Soil Association, which means our produce is grown without the use of pesticides, herbicides, insecticides , GMO’s and synthetic fertilisers.
- Sustainable We endeavour to support the soil, promote biodiversity and retain soil fertility through sensitive regenerative agriculture.
- Seasonal Members will receive their share of the harvest eating seasonal, local uk produce.
- Super fresh Typically harvested in the morning and delivered to your door on the same day.
- Nutritious Studies have shown fresh organic vegetables to be higher in nutritional content and lower in toxic metals and pesticides than conventionally grown vegetables*.
- Local Reduce your carbon footprint. Help us to help you contribute to a sustainable future by keeping the production local and the food miles, associated with your food, to the absolute minimum. To support this we only deliver to Brighton and Hove addresses.
- Free Delivery Let us take the weight out of your shopping
- Zero Plastics We don’t use any plastic packaging.
- Support A local not-for-profit community farm and the continued development of the emerging CSA national sustainable food network: www.communitysupportedagriculture.org.uk.
- Participate You and your family can come and join our growing community every Friday, get involved with seasonal Sunday gatherings, enjoy shared lunches and the opportunity to reconnect with nature.
- News Seasonal email full of on-site news including crop varieties, recipe suggestions and storage tips.
- Training Sharers are also entitled to 25% off all our Training Courses, Workshops and Food Events.
- Savings Healthy Start vouchers accepted as part payment.
You can expect to receive a share of an interesting variety of seasonal produce. Contents and amounts will vary with the season. Whilst the ethos of the CSA is to share the risk and the reward, experience has shown that we can assure you will receive value for money throughout the scheme and when gluts happen you too will enjoy the plenty.
We aim to include at least 9 different crops weekly e.g.
- A fabulous salad bouquet – a variety of lettuces and oriental leaves with a sprinkling of edible flowers.
- A weekly herb bag, with a regular supply of our highly praised garlic.
- A plentiful supply of leafy greens such as kale, spinach, chard, calabrese or perhaps a stir fry mix
- (In summer) rhubarb, raspberries, red and black currants, gooseberry, plums, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and aubergines, broad beans, runner beans, french beans, courgettes, mange tout, fennel bulbs, beetroot, new potatoes and more…
- (In winter) apples, pears, leeks, parsnips, beetroot, savoy cabbage, sprouting broccoli, turnips, pumpkins, potatoes, carrots onions, celeriac and more…
- And you can expect to find some unusual veg! Previously we’ve tried out romanesco, scorzonera (an Italian root vegetable), cape gooseberry (also known as physalis), golden beetroot and flower sprouts.
To register your interest for the Share, please fill-up the form below: